NFTHashi team wants to provide a general & trust-minimized cross-chain bridge for NFT. NFTHashi brings
How it works
NFTHashi uses Connext as an internal cross-chain messaging protocol.
The workflow of the bridge is the following.
- 1.A User deposits NFT in the NFTHashi at the source chain
- 2.The NFTHashi makes a cross-chain call through Connext
- 3.The NFTHashi receives a cross-chain message in the destination chain
- 4.The NFTHashi mint corresponding NFT to the user in the destination chain
- The contract address is calculated from the NFT original contract address and chain. It uses create2, so the address in the destination chain is calculated counterfactually.
- Token ID is the same for both the source chain and the destination chain
- Token URI is copied and bridged to the destination chain
- NFTHashi leverages Connext, so we have the same security model as Connext.
- NFTHashi uses Lock & Mint model in the bridge. And NFTHashi team has an upgradability role in the contract in the early time. This is an additional trusting point on top of Connext.